At the Calvert County Department of Social Services we envision a Maryland where people independently support themselves and their families and where individuals are safe from abuse and neglect. We will aggressively pursue opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide prevention services, and protect vulnerable children and adults.
Our Mission is based on the following principles:
- Work is indispensable for achieving independence.
- Partnerships and alliances with business and the community are critical to our customers' ability to achieve and maintain independence.
- Families should be the first resource for the emotional and financial support of their children and other family members.
- Assistance is provided to people while honoring individual and group differences.
- Empowerment is essential to the provision of human services.
New phone number, effective August 22, 2005: 443-550-6900, or 1/866-629-6882.